Alzheimer’s Association, Washington University Medical School, and Edward Jones Company are sponsoring “An Attempt at the Guinness World Record” of the largest formation of a brain by humans. It’s not too late for you to become a part of this. Information on the following link.
Date: April 28, 2018
Time: 8:30am Check-in, 10am Record Attempt, 12:30pm Celebratory reception in Ford Plaza
Location: Busch Stadium, St. Louis, MO
What Do I need to Know?
- This is a GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ title attempt in the category of "largest human image of a brain." This attempt was chosen to honor the Alzheimer's Association's mission and kick off the Alzheimer's Association Walk to End Alzheimer's® season.
- There is no cost to participate.
- Participants will have the chance to win prizes (e.g. Cardinal tickets, Blues tickets, dinner at the St. Louis Club, etc.)
- The goal is 3,200 participants.
- You must be 12 years old or older to participate.
- Participants will receive a commemorative T-shirt, poncho, special collectible ticket, hot dog and beverage.
- You're encouraged to invite friends, family and co-workers to join in the fun! Spread the word via social media or by word-of- mouth.
How Do I Get Involved?
- You must register to participate or attend.
- Closer to the event, watch for important information and instructions at the email address you provide during registration.
- If you are interested in raising your participation level, we're looking for 1,000 dedicated "Core Team" members to help lead this effort by forming the outline of the brain image. Participation in an additional rehearsal day will be required. In addition to the benefits above, "Core Team" members will receive free parking the day of the event. To join the "Core Team," complete the registration information at www.alz.org/worldrecord. When you reach the "Additional Information" section, select "yes" under the third question (Would you be available to participate in a dry-run event (as part of the "Core Team") on April 21, 2018 (one week prior to the April 28 event)?) Representatives will contact you with additional details.