What a powerful year 2017 has been! We are a church that celebrates life change and while numbers aren’t everything, they can be very encouraging. Here’s a few of the highlights:
- 7 new baptisms of children and youth plus 11 youth confirmed in their faith.
- We welcomed 31 new members to Eureka UMC.
- We hosted over 4000 disaster relief worker overnight stays at Eureka UMC. We continue to lead the way with long term flood recovery efforts by assisting hundreds of families with flood recovery efforts. Also, our partnership with the EDRC (Eureka Disaster Relief Committee) has helped us move 6 families into 'new' homes outside of the flood plain.
- Nearly 800 people served through the Eureka Food Pantry and thousands of meals served to people in our community through our Monthly Mission Dinners.
- 24 mission team members assisted property owners following the devastating wildfires in Colorado.
- 224 children's lives were impacted by Christ's love throughour Eagle Lake Camp in July.
- We paid $19,986.00 towards the worldwide ministries of the United Methodist Church through our apportioned giving.
All of this was able to happen in part due to your faithful, financial generosity towards the Mission and life changing ministries at Eureka UMC! I believe God is calling our church to have an even larger impact for His Kingdom in 2018. As this year closes, I want to encourage you that your year end giving to Eureka UMC will position us to end 2017 well and begin 2018 with the financial resources to continue our ministries and begin new ministries in the coming year.
You can give through our secure giving link on our website at www.eurekaumc.org, through our new mobile app, mail a check to the church office, or by placing your year end gift in the offering plate during our service on Sunday.
Per IRS guidelines, online gifts must be received before 11:59 pm on December 31st and gifts received by mail must be postmarked by December 31st.
We are less than $7000.00 from our goal for 2017! I thank you in advance for your willingness to help us succeed in closing this gap in the next few days!
Grace and peace,
PS I look forward to seeing you on Sunday! Happy New Year!
RE:SOLUTION sermon series begins on December 31st and continues through January 14th
For all intents and purposes, January is the month for self-improvement. There's nothing wrong with losing a few pounds or working towards a new goal. What if the New Year could bring something deeper? It can truly be a time to reflect, refocus, and restart!
December 31, "Is There a Better Question?"
January 7, "Something to Show For It"
January 14, "Pro-Motion"
Lose some weight. Get out of debt. Spend more time with family and friends.
All of these are great resolutions for the New Year!
But what if there’s something more? What if you could do something remarkable to change your life, to change someone else’s life, to change this world in 2018? Would you do it?
Let’s consider “A Different Question” on Sunday, December 31st! Worship times are at 9:45 am and 8:30 am.